Foot Odor is a foul smell that permeates from the foot primarily caused by bacterial growth from sweat.
What causes Foot Odor?
Foot Odor is primarily caused by sweat. Sweat itself is odorless, but it creates an environment for bacteria to grow and produce odor.
What can I do from home for Foot Odor?
What can I do to prevent Foot Odor?
- Wear cotton or wool socks. Polyester and nylon socks provide less ventilation than cotton or wool.
- Always wear socks with shoes. Wearing shoes without socks causes more sweating and allows bacteria to grow.
What treatments can I do from home for Foot Odor?
- Air out your feet to keep them dry
- Wear shoes and socks that breath
- Using 4 pinches of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) in the sock and shoe can decrease the moisture in the sock and shoe.
- Wash your feet and apply sodium bicarbonate daily
- Swabbing feet twice daily with isopropyl alcohol for two weeks is cheap and highly effective
When should I see a doctor for Foot Odor?
If you've tried multiple at home treatments and sill can not eliminate your foot odor you might need prescription medical assistance.